As a First Class Care candidate you will be screened thoroughly and professionally. A First Class Care licensed counselor will guide you through the screening process and match you with a family. We will always be in contact and encourage your feedback about your position.
FAMILIES PAY ALL FEES – YOU PAY NOTHING!
Requirements for all positions:
- Must be Legal to work
- 20 years or older
- 2+ years of professional full time experience in the past 5 years
- High School Graduate
- Work References (we must be able to contact all previous employers)
- Doctors physical in the last 12 months
- Speak GOOD English
- NON Smoker
- No criminal convictions
- Current Drivers License
- Must be willing to make a 1 year commitment to a family
ALL candidates MUST be willing to have taxes deducted from your paychecks – you can not request CASH!
Nanny / Babysitter Positions: Require 2 years of childcare experience within the last 5 years as a nanny, teacher or day care worker. We do not count taking care of family or friends children, or having children of your own as experience. If we can not verify your references for a position then that experience does not count.
Newborn Care Specialist Positions: Require 5 years of newborn care specialist experience. We do not count taking care of family or friends children, or having children of your own as experience. We must be able to verify 10 references for newborn care specialist jobs! If we can not verify your references for a position then that experience does not count.
Housekeeper Positions: Require 2 years of IN HOME experience within the last 5 years as a housekeeper. We do not count working for a cleaning service or hotels. If we can not verify your references for a position then that experience does not count.
Chef Positions: Require a culinary degree and 2 years of professional cooking experience. Restaurants count, but we prefer in home experience with private families. If we can not verify your references for a position then that experience does not count.
Personal Assistant / House Managers: Require 2 years of experience within the last 5 years. We do not working for family or friends. If we can not verify your references for a position then that experience does not count.
|Join Our Current Available Jobs Newsletter|
Check out what people think after working with First Class Care!
Placement Process with First Class Care:
- Fill out online APPLICATION.
- When you have COMPLETED the online application please call us at 847-733-2700 to schedule an interview. Please Note: All applications must list ALL previous employement with contact numbers.
- Personal interview with a licensed placement counselor. Please bring your valid drivers license, proof you are legal to work, references and any additional paper work you will need to complete the forms. Interviews are by appointment only and usually last 45-90 minutes.
- For Nannies Only: Complete the INA – Basic Skills Exam: This is a 40 question timed, multiple choice exam that is taken in our office after your interview. The exam addresses Health, Safety, Nutrition, Professionalism and Child Development. The minimum passing score is 70%
- We will verify your professional references and all past employers. If we can not contact all of your previous employers, you will not qualify to be placed through us.
- If you have successfully passed all the previous steps you are ready for placement.
- We will call you if you match a clients requirements for a position and schedule an interview. It is your responsibility to arrive to the interview on time and dressed appropriately. Interviews usually take 30 – 60 minutes, plan your time accordingly.
- Call us to discuss the interview and give feedback.
First Class Care has a zero tolerance policy for applicants who are late to an interview or who do not show. If you need to reschedule you must do so atleast 24 hours in advance.
*We do not guarantee placement. You must meet all requirements, have glowing references and an outstanding personality. We screen for the best of the best.
Interview Do’s and Don’ts
- Always be ONTIME – if you run into traffic always call the family to say you are running late.
- Dress appropriately. Wear casual but clean clothes.
- Bring a resume with your past experience and any supporting documents.
- Turn off your cell phone during the interview.
- Interact with the children.
- Answer all question with clear answers.
- Ask questions to the family about responsibilities, children’s activities etc.
- Always be polite.
Accepting a Job:
If a family offers you a job we then run a background check. You must call us and tell us the details of the offer that was made.
Get CPR and First Aid Training:
Families always like to see you are properly trained in case of an emergency. We require ALL of our candidates to get a CPR certificate before being placed in a home. We do not accept online classes. You must have a valid card from a real / physical class.
Domestic Physical Required:
The state of Illinois requires that all household workers have a “physical statement” form completed by a doctor and on file in our office PRIOR to your first day of work. You can download this form and have it completed by your doctor and fax or bring it back to us before your first day of work.
REFER A FRIEND:
First Class Care is always searching for amazing Nannies, Housekeepers and more. If you have a friend who you refer to us and we place them, you will receive $100!
*Rules: The referral must tell us your name in her application and at time of interview, referral must have received a full time long term position, if the referral stays in the position for 90 days we will send you $100 check, you must be a registered candidate with First Class Care to send us referrals and get receive money.